Awards and honors
Heritage Rail News:
Exporail Volunteers Win National Award
By Robert Robinson, Canadian Railway Historical Association
Exporail and the Canadian Railroad Historical Association team is delighted to announce that our volunteers have won the Canadian Museums Association Museum Volunteer Award, in partnership with the Canadian Federation of Friends of Museums. This award recognizes individuals or groups who generously volunteer their time and commitment to a museum or related heritage institution and have made a significant impact within the museum community.
Exporail, The Canadian Railway Museum has been distinguished by various honorary awards to underline its commitment in different fields:
- The 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Roussillon Grand Prize for Entrepreneurship 2011 in the Tourism and Culture category, awarded by the Centre local de développement (CLD) de Roussillon.
- Montérégie Desjardins 2011 Tourism Excellence Prize – Jury honourable mention – presented by Tourisme Montérégie.
- 2010 Prize for Sector Achievement of the Canadian Railway Hall of Fame, given in recognition of Exporail’s extraordinary accomplishments in the Canadian railway industry and its outstanding initiatives to preserve railway heritage.
- Société des musées québécois Excellence Prize 2004, awarded by the Société des musées québécois for Exporail’s museum development project.
- Roussillon Grand Prize for Entrepreneurship 2001 in the Tourism and Culture category, awarded by the Centre local de développement (CLD) de Roussillon.
- Grand Prix du Tourisme de la Montérégie 1998 – Petite entreprise publique – awarded by the Association touristique de la Montérégie.