We are excited to be able to welcome you back to safely enjoy Exporail!
Until May 10, 2021: open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
A safe and pleasant visit
In order to minimize waiting time at the entrance and to control traffic on the site, all visitors to Exporail will have to reserve their ticket(s) in advance for a specific time via the online ticketing system, available on the museum’s website.
For free admission, a service fee of $0.55 will be charged upon reservation for the processing of credit card (Visa, Mastercard) transactions.
Access to the ticket booth
Visitors will enter the museum through a new entrance with about 50 additional parking spaces.
The health measures put in place following the recommendations issued by the Public Health Department and the best practices developed by Exporail will allow visitors to explore the museum in safety.
Visitors with symptoms must postpone their visit. Exporail counts on the cooperation of its visitors and reminds them of the importance of following these preventative measures:
- Wearing a mask or face shield covering the nose and mouth is required inside the Angus Pavilion for persons age 10 years and over.
- Respect the hygiene measures posted on site: hand washing, electronic payment, sneezing and coughing into one’s elbow, no gathering.
- Respect signs and the separation of 2 metres.
- Respect one-way traffic.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be distributed in the reception areas.
Places to visit
- Artifact corridor.
- Great gallery of the Angus Pavilion with access to the interior of certain vehicles.
- Exhibition on mezzanine: CRHA Archives: Remnants of Our Memory.
- Model train room.
- Locomotive driving simulator.
- Projection room: The Trolley.
- Miniature railway rides (outside): from Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Gift and specialised book shop.
- Guided tours.
- Toddlers’ island.
- Open Reserve No. 5.
- Tramway rides.
- Passenger train rides on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Demonstrations (steam locomotive, turntable, telegraphy).
- Exhibits at Hays Station.
- Archives Centre (no on-site researchers are accepted at this time).