Fall 2021 – Practical information
We are excited to be able to welcome you back to safely enjoy Exporail!
September 1 to October 31: open from Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Outdoor site closes at 4 p.m.
Open on Monday, October 11th (Thanksgiving) from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Visits average 1 hour and 30 minutes in length.
Museums and libraries will not be subject to the vaccine passport that will come into effect in certain public places in Quebec on September 1.
The vaccination passport will not be required to enter at Exporail.
A safe and pleasant visit
In order to minimize waiting time at the entrance and to control traffic on the site, all visitors to Exporail will have to reserve their ticket(s) in advance for a specific time via the online ticketing system, available on the museum’s website.
For free admission, a service fee of $0.55 will be charged upon reservation for the processing of credit card (Visa, Mastercard) transactions.
Access to the ticket booth
Visitors will enter the museum through a new entrance with about 50 additional parking spaces. Ticket booth closes at 3:30 p.m.
The health measures put in place following the recommendations issued by the Public Health Department and the best practices developed by Exporail will allow visitors to explore the museum in safety.
Visitors with symptoms must postpone their visit. Exporail counts on the cooperation of its visitors and reminds them of the importance of following these preventative measures:
- Wearing a mask or face shield covering the nose and mouth is required inside the Angus Pavilion for persons age 10 years and over.
- Respect the hygiene measures posted on site: hand washing, electronic payment, sneezing and coughing into one’s elbow, no gathering.
- Respect signs and the separation of 1 metre.
- Respect one-way traffic.
Places to visit
- Artifact corridor.
- Great gallery of the Angus Pavilion with access to the interior of certain vehicles.
- Exhibition on mezzanine: CRHA Archives: Remnants of Our Memory.
- Guided tours on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Model train room.
- Locomotive driving simulator ($5).
- Projection room: The Trolley ($5).
- Miniature railway rides (outside) ($1 child, 2$ adult).
- Passenger train rides, Saturdays and Sundays ($1 child, 2$ adult).
- Demonstration of the turntable, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Demonstrations of the John Molson steam locomotive: August 21, September 6 and 19.
- Open Reserve No. 5.
- Gift and specialised book shop.
- Toddlers’ island.
- Tramway rides.
- Demonstrations of the telegraphy.
- Exhibits at Hays Station.
- Archives Centre (no on-site researchers are accepted at this time).